Magine Pro is on the lookout for a talented Senior Software Engineer well-versed in digital media and streaming platforms. As an integral part of our Media and Infrastructure core team, you'll spearhead the development and maintenance of our platform infrastructure, ensuring redundancy, scalability, and top-notch security. This team is pivotal in safeguarding, scaling, and monitoring the Magine Pro streaming platform and media pipeline.
In our media processing pipeline we manage both live and video on demand streams with the goal of ensuring the highest quality for our partners. We engineer and build software to manage the pipeline and automating ingestion, distribution and other types of processing.
With us, you will get an opportunity to collaborate with a skilled team of engineers, with a diverse background, to build and operate our streaming platform.
- Drive the expansion and support of media encoding pipelines, streaming media workflows, and workflow coordination layers for cloud-based media processing components
- Develop and automate ingestion and distribution processes, streamlining operational efficiency
- Construct services and standards that facilitate live operations on a large scale
- Implement infrastructure, tools, and applications to monitor critical operational workflows in the live video domain in real-time, incorporating automation and quality control measures to proactively identify and address ongoing issues with existing live streams
Who you are:
- You are comfortable seeing a project through from inception to completion; adept at identifying areas for improvement, researching optimal solutions, articulating your approach, and executing solutions effectively. You're both a thinker and a doer
- Have a visionary mindset, turning big dreams into actionable results
- You strive for automation, believing in working smarter, not harder!
- Stockholm, Sweden* - Hybrid
The ideal candidate will have hands-on implementation experience and a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle. Additional qualifications include:
- Hands-on professional experience (4+ years) in backend systems development, with a strong focus on video streaming workflows (3+ years)
- Robust programming skills, particularly with Python
- Strong experience with scripting languages and automation tools
- Comfort with the software development lifecycle and software-based tools and workflows
- Exposure to video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC) and streaming technologies (HLS, MPEG-DASH)
- Familiarity with operating systems and Linux fundamentals
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, Step Functions, Media Convert, Media Package, MediaTailor, Cloud Formation (YAML + sh/bash), and Cloud Watch
Nice to have:
- Experience engaging with end-user developer communities
- Knowledge of digital rights management and DRM systems (e.g., Playready, Widevine, and Fairplay)
- Proficiency in encoding profiles, bitrate ladders, and video compression technologies
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated and passionate team member who is eager to grow and excel in the world of streaming technology and media infrastructure
Working at Magine Pro:
At Magine, we’re dedicated to connecting fantastic video to audiences in any corner of the globe. We partner with creators and distributors to enable them through every aspect of setting up their own OTT / video streaming service. We’re passionate about great content and our mission is to protect generations of creativity to come through high quality, safe and legal distribution.
We are a diverse group where everyone is equal and all ideas and opinions count. Flexibility in working and mind are important to be a part of a team in which change is, and will, happen constantly. Sounds exciting? We think so and we are looking for more talented people to join our team.
We offer an attractive salary, occupational pension and insurance plan, health care benefits, flexible work hours, a vibrant office setting in central Stockholm - plus 30 days of paid vacation. We offer the possibility to work remote, but we also appreciate to hang out with our colleagues, so every now and then we expect all team members to meet up at the office.
Interested in joining Magine Pro?
Do not wait - do not hesitate - apply below now!
*You must have a Swedish Visa / European working permit. No relocation package is offered.